Are you sick of bland foods, exercising until you want to faint, and feeling stressed every time you step on the scale? So read on, I say!!
1) The first surefire way to beat the ‘boring diet blues’ is to STOP DIETING! Diets don’t work! Lifestyle changes work. Try focusing on Health instead of weight loss.
Drinking more water, incorporating movement, getting adequate sleep, and focusing on pleasure and fun are key components to a healthy lifestyle.
2) Start ‘moving’ and stop ‘exercising’. If you don’t enjoy it, don’t do it! I don’t allow my clients to do the treadmill or elliptical trainer, unless they are groovin’ to some music and find it totally enjoyable. I have them play sports that they love, dance, or walk and bike ride to a destination.
If you do exercise that you don’t enjoy, you are stressing. That is elevating your cortisol levels, which triggers insulin. Insulin signals your body to store fat!!!
Only do the kind of movement you love!
One of my clients took my advice and signed up for ballroom dance lessons with her husband! The hour goes by and all she did was “have fun”! Jane Fonda keeps in shape by doing just that! She dances with her boyfriend for an hour or more each evening.
3) Eat ‘delicious’. I have not met one person, young or old who doesn’t know what healthy food is. But, one thing is for sure. It doesn’t have to be boring or bland. With a bit of effort you can whip up a really delicious and satisfying meal that is nutritious and healthy. Check out the crazy good recipes on my website.
Eat delicious food with appreciation, slowly. Stop when you are not hungry anymore.
4) Live life to the fullest every day. Don’t wait until you are the weight you think you should be. Have fun NOW! Get dressed, look gorgeous, SHINE!
That takes the ‘bore’ out of boring, huh?
5) Help others, yup, you heard me right. When we take the focus off of ourselves and put it on others, something shifts inside. That will smash those ‘boring diet blues’, bam!
We need self-love and self-care, for sure. We never want to help others at our own expense, but having said that, there is no better gift we can give ourselves then helping someone else.
Now is the time more than ever to help those in need, after hurricane Sandy. Get on it!
6) Last but not least, eat with the intention to support your highest potential and deepest purpose for the life you’ve been given. That elevates ‘eating’ to a whole new level. Not boring!