By now you all know how much I love;
- The Paleo diet,
- The GAPS diet,
- The Body Ecology Diet,
- Caveman Diet,
- The Cross fit Diet,
- The Stone-age Diet,
- The Primal diet.
They are all pretty much the same. My version has an especially big emphasis on gut health. So what’s the best way to get into it? What are the best tips?
I have a few good ones for you.
- Dive on in!! Changing your diet to the Paleo diet for 30 days is like resetting your computer. It’s a 30-day elimination diet designed to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, strengthen metabolism, identify food sensitivities, reduce allergic reactions, boost energy, regulate blood sugar and normalize weight. I can tell you this it works. No other therapy natural or otherwise comes close to accomplishing all that in such a short time.
However for some people the “dive-in” approach isn’t the best way to start.If making a gradual change is more the way you roll, do it that way.
2. Get support. I have noticed that when transitioning to Paleo, those who get the most support are the most successful. It affects your social life, where you shop, how you travel, how and where you eat out. The first option, and of course the one I think is best, is to be my VIP client for one on one attention and support from Moi.
Here are some other ideas;
- Get a Paleo buddy. See if you can enlist a friend or family member to try it with you. Even one person to back you up makes a difference.
- Participate in a group, like my free grain-free January. I will be running it again soon.
- Join a gym. Some gyms, particularly CrossFit gyms, run Paleo 30-day challenges periodically.
- Use social media. There are tons of people on Facebook and Twitter following a Paleo lifestyle.
- Plan ahead! This will help you avoid those times where you make a bad food choice because there’s nothing else available and you’re starving.
- Plan your meals in advance.
- Bring food with you. Always have a little stash with you.
- Designate a day for cooking. In a couple of hours you can prepare all your meals for the week. Read my Blog post “The Zen of Cooking Healthy Meals”
- Control your food environment. Clear all non-Paleo foods out of your kitchen and pantry.
As more and more people see the results of this change in diet, they too will want to eat this way. I would love to hear from you. What challenges have you faced transitioning to a Paleo diet? What tips do you have for others? Leave a comment below.