This is a special recipe for all my readers who feel they just NEED a healthy chocolaty treat, OCCASIONALLY!
2 cups ground raw almonds
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup raisins
8 dates, pitted
1 tbsp coconut oil
a pinch of himalayan salt
3 tbsp water
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Soak almonds in water for 24 hours, then rinse well.
- Place them in a dehydrator or on 150 degrees in oven until dried.
- grind almonds to a flour .
- add dates, raisins, cacao, coconut oil and salt
- blend well in food processor
- add water blend again
- take a small amount of batter and roll with damp hands into a walnut sized ball
- dip in coconut and place on tray
- repeat until the mixture is all used up
- Refrigerate to harden to a fudge like consistency
NOTE: These delicious fudge balls are a treat and are meant to be enjoyed in moderation. Cacao has many beneficial elements, but also caffeine and other compounds that are not healthy in large amounts.