Paleo Egg Muffins
These delicious muffins can be used for a convenient breakfast on the go, lunch or a delicious snack. Each time you make them you can try different vegetable/meat combos or different herbs and spices and never get bored. Get creative and Enjoy!
▪ 1 lb ground sausage (pasture-raised, organic if possible)
- or 2 cups of chopped vegetables.(broccoli, onions, mushrooms, peppers, or any veggies you like)
- or a combo of meat and veggies.
▪ 1 dozen eggs
▪ ghee, coconut oil or other fat of choice
▪ salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice or crumble and brown the sausage in a frying pan
- In a medium/large bowl scramble one dozen large eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease the cups of one muffin pan with oil.
- Place equal amounts of browned sausage in the bottoms of the muffin pan.
- Pour the scrambled eggs evenly on top of the sausage. The mixture will come almost to the top of the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the egg muffin from the sides of the pan.