A simple reminder of your to do list can help you stay focused. That’s the key to staying lean for life…consistency.
It’s easy to forget these things with our busy lives, so print out the list and refer back to it often.
1. Eat the right fats. Coconut oil, organic cultured butter, and for cold use; extra virgin olive oil. That’s it! A spoon of fermented cod liver oil is a great boost to your health. It’s absorbable omega 3 and a great source of vitamins A and D.
2. Drink water. Lots and lots of clean properly filtered water. ½ your body weight in ounces every day.
3. Eat good quality protein at every meal. Protein is essential for keeping your insulin balanced. If blood sugar gets too low you get tired and hungry. If insulin is spiked it is a message to your body to store fat, as well as creating brain fog and moodiness. Balancing with protein is a good thing!
4. Avoid all artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners make you fat! Studies have shown that Diet products with artificial sweeteners cause weight gain.
Splenda, NutraSweet, high fructose corn syrup: all are off limits!
5. Always eat a good breakfast. Make sure it includes protein.
6. Do not eat after dinner. At the very least leave 3 hours between eating and bed. When you sleep it is a time for your body to repair. If the energy is being used for digestion, well now you know why we look so bad after sleeping on a full stomach.
7. Exercise. It changes the whole picture! Besides burning calories it is great for mood, regulating blood sugar, and eliminating cravings.
9. Eat slowly. breathe, relax, chew. Don’t multitask! Concentrate on eating.
10. Create a routine. Plan your meals and keep a list of everything you need.
11. Take a good probiotic. Eat lots of good quality fermented foods like Probiotic vegetables, kefir, and yogurt.
12. Eat lots of Vegetables, a nice variety, lots and lots of greens.